On this page you will find the privacy statement of GeT Components Group B.V., trading under the name GeT Cameras (hereinafter: “GeT Cameras”). GeT Cameras is a company which likes to contribute to the development of technology. With that goal in mind GeT Cameras sells industry proven camera technology to the Original Equipment Manufacturers, to vision integrators and to start-ups.
This privacy statement provides you information about the processing of data. This also includes the processing of data that we receive from visitors or the following websites: www.get-cameras.com
- Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
- What data is collected and for which purpose?
- How is your data secured?
- How long will your data be retained?
- With whom will your data be shared?
- Third-party applications, websites and services
- What rights do you have regarding data processing?
- Who to contact?
- What to do if you have a complaint?
1. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
If you use our services, we are the controller for processing your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). This means that we are able to determine the purposes for which and the means with which your personal data are processed. We consider it our responsibility to treat your data with the utmost care and confidentiality.
2. What data is collected and for which purpose?
We receive certain information when you use our services or contact us. The personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact details, such as your name(s), address, phone number and email address;
- Account detail, such as your username, password, email address, when you register for a GeT Cameras account;
- Profile information that you provide in your user profile;
- User content, like photos, comments and other data that you post on our websites;
- Financial data, such as bank account details and the payment type you choose;
- Order details, such as the products you want to buy and have already bought from us; and
- Other information you (actively) provide to us, for example by correspondence, by phone or by making an appointment.
We collect all this information of you in order to:
- identify you and address you by your name;
- process and answer your queries;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during you visit or the next time you visit our website(s);
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- execute the agreement that we have with you;
- send you a newsletter and mailings, unless you opted-out;
- communicate with you in case of comments or feedback;
- send you the requested information, like a quotation;
- compile and analyze statistics about the use of our website(s);
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns;
- improve the functionality and user-friendliness of our website(s);
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- develop and test new products and features;
- save and handle potential job applications;
- meet legal obligations if applicable, such as collecting information that is necessary for tax return.
We may also combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources, like our website(s). This helps us to improve the overall accuracy. If you use our website(s), your data will be processed automatically. We collect this information that your browser sends whenever you visit our websites. This concerns the following information:
- Information about the browser that is used (type, version, screen resolution etc.);
- IP address;
- Language preferences;
- The pages that you visit and the time spent on those pages;
- The time and date of your visit;
- Data liked to the use of the website(s);
- Contact details that are given via the contact form.
The processing of your data must have a legal basis. In most cases, this will be the performance of an agreement, a legal obligation or our legitimate interests. We would like to offer you the best possible service and therefore it is necessary to process your data. This is the case, for example, when sending e-mails, when you visit our website and/or when we promote via our social media channels. We always take your privacy interests into account. If there is a legitimate interest, we will of course check whether we believe that your interests do not outweigh ours.
User content and metadata
We provide a platform for you to post content, including photos, comments and other materials (“User Content”) on our websites and to share User Content publicly. Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the website(s), such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. Subject to your profile, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other users. If you remove information that you posted to the website(s), copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the website(s), or if other users or third parties have copied or saved that information.
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For instance, metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. You can add or may have metadata added to your User Content including a hashtag (e.g. to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g. to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
Special and/or sensitive personal data
We do not intend to collect data of our website visitors who are younger that 18 years of age, unless the parents or guardian granted permission for this data collection. However, we cannot check whether a website visitor is older than 18 years. For this reason, we encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent the collection of data without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us using the contact details below. We will then make sure that this data will be deleted.
We use small text files called cookies to provide website functionality. These cookies are saved on your computer and/or mobile device(s) when you visit our website and store information that allows us to improve the website’s ease of use and user-friendliness. You can find more information about the cookies we use by consulting our Cookie Statement.
3. How is your data secured?
Your privacy is of paramount importance to us, and we ensure that your data is treated confidential and with the utmost care. We have therefore adopted appropriate technical and organisational security measures against the loss, theft or otherwise unlawful processing of these data. We ensure this by using the latest technologies to protect your information. For example, we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is restricted, and that our security measures are regularly checked. We also encrypt e-mails and other messages containing special personal data. Besides, we use safeguards to help keep the information collected through the websites secure and take steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We request you to do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and us, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
4. How long will your data be retained?
For the retention period of data collected via cookies, please refer to the cookie statement.
5. With whom will your data be shared?
We may also disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is legally required or reasonably necessary for the execution of the agreement. Relevant examples of such disclosure include submitting your personal data to a third party that is responsible for executing an agreement or using this data to accurately respond to questions or complaints. Your personal data will only be disclosed to individuals, agencies, or organizations outside of the European Union if the country in question has an appropriate level of data protection.
We may also forward your data to the following organisations that process these data on our behalf:
HubSpot is a marketing Automation System of HubSpot Inc., which is an American company. We use HubSpot for marketing purposes. We would like to inform you about the functioning of HubSpot in a transparent manner and as completely as possible. We use HubSpot for the following marketing purposes:
- Optimizing and improving our website or the findability of our website in search engines (Search Engine Optimization);
- Participating in those social media channels that you use and analyzing the results of our social media activities (Social Media Management);
- Optimizing the results of our landing pages;
- Analyzing the interactions you have with our organization, for example by visiting our website or accessing our email messages (Lead Scoring and Workflows);
- To inform you by e-mail, telephone or personally about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Calculating our turnover back to our marketing campaigns (Closed Loop Analytics);
- Optimizing and improving the content on our website (Content Management);
- Sending newsletters and automated updates (E-mail marketing). If you subscribe to our newsletter, we can also analyze your visits via HubSpot by means of additional information, such as your name and email address, and provide you with targeted information about your favorite topics.
The (personal) data collected by us via HubSpot will only be used to deliver and optimize our marketing activities. HubSpot processes personal data on two different ways:
Analytics services (non-personally identifiable information only)
- You are an anonymous visitor. In this case, we do not see which pages you visit. We can, however, analyze how often a page is viewed on our website. In this way we can pay attention to the most important parts of our website. Information we collect is your IP address and IP location.
- You are a registered visitor. This may be the case if you have provided us with your data, for example by subscribing to the newsletter. In this case, we automatically create and maintain a personal profile, which allows us to analyze which pages you visit, which newsletters you have opened and what you have clicked on.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We collect reviews through ValuedShops platform. If you leave a review via ValuedShops, you are required to provide your name, place of residence and e-mail address. ValuedShops shares this information with us so that we can link the review to your order. ValuedShops also publishes your name and place of residence on its own website. In some cases, ValuedShops may contact you to comment on your review. In the event that we invite you to leave a review, we share your name and email address with ValuedShops. They only use this data for the purpose of inviting you to leave a review. ValuedShops has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data. ValuedShops reserves the right to use third parties for the provision of services, for which we have given ValuedShops permission. All of the above guarantees regarding the protection of your personal data also apply to those parts of the service for which ValuedShops engages third parties
6. Third-party applications, websites and services
7. What rights do you have regarding data processing?
We would like to inform you of your rights concerning the collection and use of your data. Under European law, individuals have the right to:
Access their personal data
Individuals have the right to access the personal data we collect and may obtain a copy of this data by contacting us.
Individuals have the right to have personal data rectified if it is incomplete and/or erroneous and can make a request for rectification by contacting us.
In some circumstances, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data. Those circumstances include:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and/or processed;
- You withdraw the (explicit) consent you previously provided to process the information;
- You object to the processing of your personal data and have legitimate, compelling reasons which supersede our interests and reasons for processing your data;
- You object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- You are below the age of 16 and our website has collected your personal data;
- We are obligated to delete your personal data after the time limits set by laws or other regulations;
- There are (no longer) any legal grounds for processing your data.
Individuals reserve the right to minimize the processing of your personal data. If we are informed that we are using incorrect personal data, we will not use this data until it has been rectified. We will furthermore restrict processing data if the processing is either unlawful or no longer necessary, or you oppose the erasure of yours personal data and instead request the restriction of their use.
Data portability (= the transfer of data)
You reserve the right to data portability, i.e. to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us.
You have the right to object to direct marketing or because of your specific situation. Of course, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us, if your personal data is used for purposes other than necessary for the execution of an agreement or necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. If you object to the processing of your personal data that is necessary for the performance of our work, we consider it important to state that it is not possible to offer our services to you without your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us using the contact details provided below.
8. Who to contact?
5617 AK Eindhoven
Telephone +31 (0) 408514838
9. What to do if you have a complaint?
If you are unhappy with the way we collect, store, or process your personal data, please contact us. If the situation is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA).