Machine Vision Camera housing
Our machine vision camera housing
protects different machine vision camera brands as Daheng Imaging, FLIR, IDS Imaging, Allied Vision, Basler and many other brands against moisture and dust. The lens settings can no longer be adjusted by operators anymore. The enclosure
has been tested in IP67
conditions with our GigE, USB3 and I/O cables. It is the most affordable machine vision camera housing on the market. The Machine Vision Camera housing has no branding on it. Create brand awareness by labelling the housing with your own company logo. With our industrial machine vision camera enclosure your machine vision solution will get more robust.
Protect your machine vision camera with a housing
Machine vision cameras are a crucial part of industrial automation. We developed this user-friendly, compact, and high-quality machine vision camera housing to protect your camera and lens. The camera enclosure protects your machine vision camera in humid and dusty environments. The enclosure has been tested in IP67 conditions and is additionally used as general protection for the camera and lens.
IP67 waterproof enclosure
The enclosure has been developed to be dustproof, waterproof, and protected against immersion up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. The enclosure features a two-piece sealing concept: for the body and the lens (lens tube). The enclosure concept is based on 1 part aluminum and 1 part plastic. The aluminum part of the machine vision housing serves as a heatsink, this ensures that the heat is dissipated from the camera. At an ambient temperature above 35 degrees, it is mandatory to attach the camera enclosure to a metal profile to further dissipate the heat. The glass in the lens tube of the enclosure transmits frequencies between 400 and 1000 nm.
Modular camera housing / lenstube extensionrings
The housing of the objective part (lens tube) is modular so that different length objectives can be used. Each enclosure will be delivered including a 20mm lens tube (outside dimention) and two 15mm extension tubes. This makes it easy to adjust the length of the lens tube to the size of the lens. With the standard included extension tubes the following lens lengths are possible (measure from front of c-mount camera to front of lens, based on MER and MER2 camera series):
- no extension tube, max lens length 15mm
- 15mm extension tube, max lens length 30mm
- 15mm + 15mm extension tube, max lens length 45mm
Additionally, you have the option to buy the EC01, EC02, EC03 or EC04 accessory:
- EC01, one extra 15mm extension ring to support a lens of maximum 60mm
- EC02, two extra 15mm extension ring to support a lens of maximum 75mm
- EC03, three extra 15mm extension ring to support a lens of maximum 90mm
- EC03, four extra 15mm extension ring to support a lens of maximum 105mm
The maximum lens diameter is 40mm. If a lens has a larger diameter than 30mm, there is a chance that the screws to fix the lens aperture and focus rings are too large. In such case an OT71 flat screw set is required to replace the original lens screws.
What makes our machine vision camera housing special?
- The camera housing vent rapidly equalize the pressures while blocking water and contaminants. It ensures that the air pressure is the same inside the enclosure as outside. This prevents gaskets from leaking.
- USB3 or GigE cable entry. Waterproof termination on the cable (tested with our USB3 and GigE Cables), eliminating the need for expensive IP67 cables. You can use our standard cable. However, our Highflex cables are excluded.
- The camera housing is provided with a cable gland for an I / O cable (as standard this is closed with a plug).
- The camera housing has a lens tube. The lens tube can be extended by placing extension rings. This makes it possible to adjust the length of the lens tube to the lens you are using. Two 15mm extension rings are supplied with the enclosure.
- The lens tube of the enclosure is easy and quick to mount / dismount due to the bayonet fitting (turn a small turn to the right).
- Many machine vision camera brands (size 29x29mm) are supported in the enclosure, like AVT, Flir, Basler, IDS and Daheng Imaging.
- One housing / article number for all brands of cameras. 3 adapter plates and 2 lens tube rings are supplied per housing, so that you can always fit the enclosure.
- Excellent price / quality ratio.
Adapter plates for Basler, FLIR, AVT, IDS and many more cameras
Standard we include 3 different mounting plates, type1, type2 and type3. Depending on the camera model, you only need to use one of these adapter plates. Beside Daheng Imaging we also support Basler, FLIR, Allied Vision (AVT), IDS Imaging and many other 29x29mm camera models.
Daheng Imaging camera enclosure
We support the full range of 29x29mm cameras from Daheng imaging. You can recognize the camera as the type number starts with MER or MER2. Both USB3, GigE and GigE with PoE are supported. For Daheng cameras, adapter plate Type1 is required. We have designed the housing to work with our wide angle 4mm lens. All our C-mount lenses with a diameter of less than 40mm will fit. If you use a M12 wide angle lens, like our 3.3mm lens, the camera needs to get closer to the lenstube. As a result the camera can only be mounted with 1 screw. In this special case, we advice to use adhesive tape to make sure the camera will stay positioned correctly. Our camera enclosure will protect your Daheng Imaging camera.
Basler camera housing
The camera housing supports 29x29mm Basler cameras. The following adapter plate is required:
Ace Classic = Type1
Ace U = Type1
Ace 2 Basic = Type2
Ace 2 Pro = Type2
Our camera housing will protect your Basler camera.
FLIR camera enclosure
The camera enclosure supports 29x29mm FLIR cameras (former Point Grey). The following adapter plate is required:
Blackfly USB3 = Type1
Blackfly GigE = Type1
Blackfly S USB3 = Type1 or Type 3, depening on exact model
Blackfly S GigE = Type1 or Type 3, depening on exact model
Our camera enclosure will protect your FLIR camera.
AVT / Allied Vision camera housing
The camera housing supports 29x29mm Allied Vision (AVT) cameras. The following adapter plate is required:
Mako U = Type1
Mako G = Type1
Alvium U = Type1
Our camera enclosure will protect your Allied Vision (AVT) camera.
IDS Imaging camera enclosure
The camera enclosure supports 29x29mm IDS Imaging cameras. The following adapter plate is required:
UI-xxxxCP = Type3
U3-xxxxCP = Type3
GV-xxxxCP = Type3
Our camera enclosure will protect your IDS Imaging camera.
JAI camera enclosure
The camera enclosure supports 29x29mm JAI industrial cameras. The following adapter plate is required:
Go series = Type1
Go-X series = Type1
Cognex camera enclosure
The camera enclosure supports 29x29mm Cognex industrial cameras. The following adapter plate is required:
CIC series Body type A = Type1